Starting this month I will be posting some simple, delicious recipes for the #promdiet series!
It's prom season. Though my school is probably one of the last schools in North America (maybe the whole Northern Hemisphere) in the date of our prom (in Canada it's called Grad Dinner and Dance...), this does leave me some more time to shape up for summer/able to squeeze in my dress haha.
Of course, dieting does not mean stop eating or losing weight specifically, nor going vegan (hello sheep) or eating fruits everyday. Remember that strong is better than skinny and fit is better than bony!
This is a lifestyle that takes time and perseverance to see the results. Since our bodies' are built differently, it also takes different amount of time to see the results. So don't freak out if your friend got skinnier than you while you guys eat the same things for the past two weeks...it's mother nature.
Now this series contains recipes full of the "good" nutrients for your body while keeps your body happy. Hope your mind can be happy too!
Now, for this PB cookie...
I personally enjoy softer, flour-less textures when it comes to PB cookies. Flour covers the flavour of PB and decreasing flavor= decreasing deliciousness. However most PB cookies online have either too much sugar or other ingredients that covers the PB flavour...so it did take some time to adjust and readjust the ingredients. These make the perfect breakfast/lunch accompaniment and a fulfilling afternoon snack.
Vegan and GF Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 16-18 cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp flour (I used whole wheat, use other kinds if you'd like)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: tiny pinch salt (around 1/16 tsp)
1. Mix flour, sugars, salt, and baking soda.
2. Add in apple sauce, peanut butter and vanilla.
3. Form dough into little cookie balls. Press down with a fork then bake at 350 F for 8 minutes.
4. Let cool before serving and dig in!
(Calorie count: ~65 calories per cookie.)
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie